top of page

Battling 16cm Rare Chordoma Bone Cancer from paralyzed with ECCT

Mrs. Aini experienced back pain and discomfort while sitting from 2016 to 2019, which worsened in 2020 when her left leg began to experience extraordinary pain. She started experiencing difficulty with bowel movements, a loss of appetite, less frequent urination, and her stomach began to swell. After diagnosis, she was found to have a 16 cm chordoma tumor that had eaten away at her tailbone and pelvic bone, pressing on all the organs in her lower abdomen and anus, causing excruciating pain, numbness in both legs, and difficulty with bowel movements and urination. Due to the risky nature of surgery, she opted for alternative treatment using an ECCT blanket. Following a biopsy procedure in August 2020, she was paralyzed, and the results showed a rare type of malignant tumor called chordoma. Given the large mass at the pelvic bone and its adherence to the surrounding organs, surgery was deemed too risky, with the possibility of causing permanent paralysis or even death, leading her to opt for alternative treatment.

Mrs. Aini began using the ECCT blanket, starting with 15 minutes per use, twice a day in the morning and evening. After a few weeks, she began feeling warm in her body and sweating profusely. After a few months, she noticed a change in her stool and urine, and she experienced continuous gas. Gradually, she felt a reduction in pain in her coccyx bone, and her previously numb legs began to feel pain and numbness. Despite occasional worsening of pain while on ECCT, she remained persistent. After six months, the pain in her coccyx bone and legs had relatively disappeared, and her bowel movements had returned to normal. MRI results showed a significant reduction in the tumor mass from 16 cm to 8 cm. In the seventh month, she was able to remove the catheter she had been using for the last ten months, and she was able to stand and take a few steps forward. During the pandemic, it was difficult to keep track of her progress. It was only after two and a half years that she managed to get back in touch. While still on a wheelchair, she can now perform household activities such as cooking. MRI results show a smaller remaining tumor mass at the end of her coccyx bone, although the process has been relatively slower than the first six months. Day by day, she is improving. It has been a long journey, but she faced it with full positivity.

bottom of page